Friday, March 4, 2011

Poems

I was reading a book this morning for school about Amy Carmichael and in the book it gave a bunch of poems and verses that seemed to jump out at me, so I thought that I would share them.

True peace of heart can be found
Only by resisting the passions,
Not by yielding to them.
-Thomas A. Kempis

Thou hast put goodness in my heart.
Thou will perfect that which concerneth me.
Lord, let the glow of Thy great love
Through my whole being shine.
-Amy Carmichael

Think truly, and thy thoughts shalt be
Spotless with God's own purity.
On every thought-bud let us bear
The stamp of truth, and love and prayer.
-Amy Carmichael

I have no word,
But neither hath the bird,
And it is heard;
My heart is singing, singing all day long,
In quiet joy to Thee Who art my song.
For as Thy majesty
So is Thy mercy,
So is Thy mercy.
My Lord and my God.
-Amy Carmichael

Mark 8:35-38
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it;
but whosoever shall lose his life for My sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of Me and of My words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Isaiah 41:13
For I the Lord they God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

Jude 1:24
Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you fautless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy.

Praying these poems and verses will help you!

7 comments:

  1. Love the first quote by Amy Carmichael. Need to remember Isaiah 41:13 more often ☺

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the last quote :) ♥
    an i love the lase verse,i havent read in jude yet,but i am so interested now that i read that verse......<3
    _
    -♥~ crissy☺
    ps.i love the flowers they are vary pretty<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! I'm glad you all like them, just remember that Jesus is able to keep you from falling/spiraling backward into the black hole/pit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll get the hang of this blog thing yet!!! :)

    Really liked the poems and Scripture passages! All challenging, and yet satisfying to know it's ALL about God, and for His glory.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Love you!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the poems, Keri! They are very encouraging. I liked all of them, the verses too. I'm not sure which I liked better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I like the background. It's my favorite color!!! :D

    ReplyDelete