Saturday, April 19, 2014

New Piano!!!

Hello all!  I thought you all might like to know that we got a newer piano two weeks ago!

That is the old piano that I've played on my entire life.  It is somewhere between 104 - 125 years old.  The wood that was used to build it is original American chestnut.  A fungus destroyed the original American chestnut trees (which were native here) in the late 1800s to early 1900s.  We later brought chestnut trees from other countries here which is what we have today.  Thought that might be an interesting little piece of history to include incase anyone was interested. :)  The keys were ivory and ebony and a bit cracked.  I've cut my fingers on the edges a few times.  :)


This is the new piano that the Lord has provided.  
It is 25 years old or less and the keys are plastic.  No more cut fingers! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment