Thursday, June 9, 2011

How are you?




By Erlene Unruh



Hello!


And how are you today?


I'm fine, just fine. And you?
Me too.




We smile and pass each other by


And find some secret place to cry;
Ashamed to show


Or let them know.


The hurts and loneliness and failures

we must hide

Afraid someone will see us as we are

inside;




Bright smiles covering doubts that crush and tear--

These masks we wear!

How can we help those heavy loads to bear

Or let each other know we care

If we don't dare

To share?




Isn't this true? We wear masks so no one knows what we truly feel inside. But think of it this way, every time you say "Yeah, I'm fine" but are really not; that's lying in God's eyes. "Ouch" doesn't that sting? I know it stung me when I realised it. You may think "that's a little to strong for me" but I'm serious. You might say "Oh, but you don't know my situation! So this doesn't apply to me." But it does! You could still say the truth even if it's something like "oh, I'm not doing ok today" or "I had a bad day" or "My day was great!" something other than "I'm fine".


Here is a Bible verse to think about:


Matthew 5:37


"Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one."


Sorry about the formatting, my computer is giving me trouble.

2 comments:

  1. That was a great poem and is all too very true. I even do that a lot myself. =( Now that you put it that way, I will try to be more aware.

    P.S.
    I love your new background!!! =)

    ReplyDelete